5 Ways To Make The Most Out Of Your Zzzz’s At Night
If you don’t know by now that getting enough sleep is absolutely essential to how you look and feel we will remind you yet again how important it is. If you are a part of the crowd who finds it difficult to snooze off when the lights go out here are a few simple things you can do and adds new meaning to “beauty sleep.” Keep reading to learn our top tips for making the most out of your shut-eye.
1. Try an overnight face mask. The trick to waking up with utterly radiant skin? An overnight treatment mask. Kick dull winter skin to the curb with this popular pick by James Read ($43) that combines skin-loving ingredients (like aloe vera!) with the perfect hint of bronzing power.
2. Invest in an eye mask. Our under-eye areas are incredibly delicate and prone to looking fatigued, which is why a refreshing eye mask like this one by Korres ($16) is an amazing option. Chock-full of good-for-you ingredients like cucumber and chamomile, it works to de-puff and rejuvenate.
3. Sleep on a silk or satin pillowcase. It may seem like a trivial step, but snoozing on a silk or satin pillowcase can prove beneficial for both your skin and hair. Unlike cotton, silk and satin are insanely gentle and don’t pull the moisture out of your skin and hair. They also reduce hair breakage and split ends. Basically, this is a cheap way to make a big difference in your beauty game!
4. Hair masks are key. If you want to wake up with softer strands, using an overnight hair mask is crucial. Similar to an overnight treatment for your complexion, a hair mask injects moisture and repairs damage. We’re obsessed with this new one by Living Proof ($28).
5. Treat your lips. This winter has wreaked some serious havoc on our lips—so naturally, they’re craving some TLC. The solution? A heavy-duty lip balm or mask (noticing a trend here?). Two foolproof options: BY TERRY Baume de Rose ($60) and Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask ($26).