My New York Fashion Week Beauty Arsenal
Fashion Week comes and everything become a whirlwind. It seem like one long ongoing day. Although full meals are not frequented and granola bars count for nourishment, during the most busiest week, we can not afford to carry on the same slack with our appearance. Even on an empty stomach you have to look your best, it is what it is. This season most of the shows I attended were in the evening and after a full day of work it starts to show on your tired face. So to help me stay bright-eyed and on point at all times my beauty arsenal did its job to maintain and refresh my looks through out the day.
My beauty regimen for most days was kept to a minimal effort. The frigid temperatures did not inspire me to be cute but instead to try and stay warm getting from show to show. So here were this season’s beauty picks.
1. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion- As soon I cleansed my face in the morning I would follow with a good amount of this moisturizer which is great for winter skin which needs extra hydration.
2. Benefit Brow- Eyebrows are the most important feature on your face and when they are well kept make all the difference. Benefit Brow keeps brows in place and helps them to look fuller.
3. Marcelle Lux Glosse- A beautiful sheer pink that you can wear all day. It also give your pout a fuller look and does not cake up as we know some lip glosses do.
4. Tarte Camera, Lights, Lashes- In the morning I would only do two swipes and it still made my eyelashes pop but after work I would add a few more coats and instantly I had a night-time look, without the tarantula look.
5. Prescriptives Custom Blend- I been obsessed with this stuff since I got it. It gives me great coverage throughout the day and if I need to add a little more I just dab exactly where I want to conceal. Flawless skin instantly.
6. Macadamia Healing Oil- To tame away fly aways and frizzines this definitely helped to touch up my styles
7. Fekkai Blowout- If you do not know by now I am totally obsessed with dry shampoos and this Fekkai Blowout worked wonders for my day 3 and 4 blowout adding volume and defining my soft curls.
8.Pura D’or Argon Oil Organic Shampoo and Conditioner - I just discovered this amazing duo that did wonders to my hair. The shampoo is so refreshing to the scalp and you can feel the cleanliness. After a couple of days of product build up I definitely made sure to work it into my hair.
The conditioner which I left in my hair for a couple of minutes, while enjoying the Lavender Vanilla scent, left my hair feeling so soft and not weighed down. After rinsing it off, my hair did not become “hard” it still felt silky. I intend to continue using it since it helps thicken hair and increase volume which I am all for. I gave myself a fresh blow out and loved how smooth my hair was. Usually my hair wash products set up the tone for how my blow outs turn out. So I definitely recommend using both this shampoo and conditioner, they will be in my haircare regimen for a while.
What are some beauty products in your arsenal that you get through day in and day out? Which one from above are you considering giving a try?