The One Makeup Tool You Are Missing To Achieve The Perfect Winged Eye
Written by: Jennifer Kurtz
The title of this article may have you wondering how on earth can I perfect my winged eyeliner? What tool must I purchase now?
Girls out there, you don’t need to be astonished! I am talking about a spoon to apply the perfect winged eyeliner. You know spoons can be helpful with many things! But the trick is to know how to use it! This tutorial will tell you about all the techniques to use a spoon while applying winged eyeliner. This technique especially helpful for those girls who wake up late and are in a rush usually and they end up looking messy instead of pretty. I know it sucks. You are getting late for a party and you are still not done with your winged eyeliner, it is the sickest feeling that I can ever experience. But you don’t have to face this issue anymore because this tutorial will help you get the perfect winged eyeliner!
In the first place, why do we even need a spoon?
- You are not Mario Dedivanovic (Kim Kardashian’s makeup artist) who applies so flawless winged eyeliner to Kim’s eyes. I mean it is beyond perfect!
- You don’t have steady hands, do you? When it comes to applying eyeliner of any style, you usually feel a slight tremor in your hands that mess up the entire liner and gives makes your eyes look like a panda’s eye.
- You erase your eyeliner a million times before getting the perfect one. This used to happen with me till I found the spoon solution to it!
- You are just too messy. Same is the case with me!
To use a spoon you need to follow these steps;
- Take a spoon, medium in size, made of light steel material, without any sharp ends. The spoon should have a blunt and rounded shape. I think mom would love us if they see us in the kitchen! But we are just going to look for the appropriate spoon!
- Okay, so place the flat end of the spoon on the outer corner of your eye, coinciding with the outer edge of your eyebrow above and your lower lash line below. It should make an angle of 45 with your lower lash line.
- With the spoon in position, apply a liquid or gel liner to the outer corners of your eyes, tracing along the spoon. This is going to be your base. The longer it is, the more dramatic it looks!
- Next, relocate the spoon to the outer end of the line drawn in the previous step to the 2/3rd of your eyelid area, by flipping the spoon so that the curvy part is lined up against your eyelid.
- Once in position, trace the shape of the spoon! That is the perfect guideline to get the winged liner. At the end of this step, you are going to have a triangle drawn.
- Once a triangular shape is made, start filling it. Fill it with short strokes! Make sure you don’t leave any area. I hope you are using the jet black matter eyeliner!
- Now is the easy step. Line your upper lash line from inner corner of the eye to the outer corner. You can go for thin or thick liner but I will suggest that as you move towards the outer corner of eye make it slightly thicker to add more dramatic effect.
- Make sure that you wipe off the residual liner on the spoon before placing it on the other eye.
- The last step is to curl your lashes and apply a thick coat of mascara!
With these steps, we are done with the winged eyeliner. I know spoons can be helpful! Make sure you try this method too to get the flawless look that Adele and Kim Kardashian has. Fine, we can’t have Mario as our makeup artist but at least we can use the spoon to our maximum benefit and look as pretty as Taylor swift and Mila Kunis!
Do try it out and give your reviews below!